The story behind finding out we are expecting "Baby Seale #2
So when Jon and I started talking about expanding our family I (Kristen) had been teaching for 2 years. You know when you decide to start a family, you just...............expect it to happen. That was Sooooo not the case with us. We had already been married 3 years, and thought that if we tried then by the time we had our baby I would have 3 years of teaching under my belt.
Well it didn't happen the way we expected, and we had an early miscarriage in the process. In April of 2006 I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Not really a surprise because it runs in the family, but a big life adjustment needed to take place. It took a while to get diagnosed, and probably played a large role in why we weren't getting pregnant. It also took about a year to get things better, not under control, but better.
To our excitement we found out we were pregnant in August of 2008.
Peter was born in May 2009, and was and still is such a joy in our lives. Talk about a blessing from God. When Peter was 10 months old we started talking about having another one. We prayed that in God's timing we would get pregnant again. God definitely taught me a LOT during this time. "Patience with his timing" being #1. In the process we had another early miscarriage, and thought maybe God wants us to pursue adoption. (more on this to come later)
In the meantime my Crohn's was not under control, and I was in denial about it. (I don't really like talking about my Crohn's too much. It's just something I deal with, and it could be worse. God will never give you something you can't handle) I talked with my GI doctor and we decided to start a new medicine, an Immune suppressor. It was a pretty scary decision, but God helped us through it. Several months down the road we discovered that THIS medicine was WORKING!!!
So back to the adoption stuff. In June of 2011 we completed our adoption training. The room was all ready to go, and we were now just waiting for "THE PHONE CALL."
I started having some Crohn's issues. This time though it was not because my Crohn's, but because the medicine was working, and pointing out some problems that had been caused by my crohn's not being under control. So after several x-rays the doctor told us we needed surgery. I knew surgery would happen eventually, it always does with Crohn's. I was just not expecting it this soon, I'm not even 30 yrs old. So another big decision. We prayed about it, and thought God was telling us to go get the surgery.
Well we were wrong and God made it very clear to us. We were PREGNANT!!!
I guess the surgery will have to wait.
This is NOT the end of the story.................more to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment