Our "Little Man" is 5 months old now. I can't believe how much a little bundle of JOY could be such a blessing. I love being a "stay-at-home-mom." Here are some of the things Peter and I have been up to at home.- Peter started Sitting up on his own. He's not really steady yet, he hasn't quite figured out that when he reaches for a toy that he needs to balance himself. This has opened a whole new realm of playing for him.
- He is also teething. Lots and Lots of drool. He chews on everything, and it's starting to hurt when he chews on my finger. The other night I let him chew on a slice of my honeycrisp apple. You would have thought he was in heaven. His whole body tried to envelope that piece of apple. I made the mistake of eating the chunk after he slobbered all over it. It was warm, and really nasty. I won't do that again.
- He is also teething. Lots and Lots of drool. He chews on everything, and it's starting to hurt when he chews on my finger. The other night I let him chew on a slice of my honeycrisp apple. You would have thought he was in heaven. His whole body tried to envelope that piece of apple. I made the mistake of eating the chunk after he slobbered all over it. It was warm, and really nasty. I won't do that again.
- He sleeps pretty well at night. I put him to bed at 8 - 8:30pm. He wakes up around 2 am talking up a storm, so I put his pacifier back in his mouth and he goes back to sleep. Then he wakes up to eat around 4-5am. I feed him and put him back in bed, where he will stay till 7 or 8am. It has given Jon and I a chance to enjoy each others company before we go to bed.
- We have been meeting with several new moms from church every week. It has been a lot of fun experiencing our little ones growing up together. In the group we have two 6 month olds (boy and girl), two 5 month olds (boy and girl) and three 3 month olds (2 boys and a girl). I was worried about staying home and having enough to do, what was I thinking. I'm busier now that I have ever been. And I have made so many amazing friends in the process.
- exersaucer
- stuffed moose from Wisconsin
- Carseat Eric Carl caterpillar
- Baths in the big tub with his rubber seals (yes you heard that right, we have seals in this house not ducks)
- Laughing at daddy when daddy gets him ready for bed
- Waking up and seeing your face in the morning, he's all smiles. (what a nice thing to wake up for)
- His aunt "Banana"
- We have been meeting with several new moms from church every week. It has been a lot of fun experiencing our little ones growing up together. In the group we have two 6 month olds (boy and girl), two 5 month olds (boy and girl) and three 3 month olds (2 boys and a girl). I was worried about staying home and having enough to do, what was I thinking. I'm busier now that I have ever been. And I have made so many amazing friends in the process.
Things Peter enjoys.
- His einstein blocks- exersaucer
- stuffed moose from Wisconsin
- Carseat Eric Carl caterpillar
- Baths in the big tub with his rubber seals (yes you heard that right, we have seals in this house not ducks)
- Laughing at daddy when daddy gets him ready for bed
- Waking up and seeing your face in the morning, he's all smiles. (what a nice thing to wake up for)
- His aunt "Banana"
- The toys from his Great Grandparents.
- Skyping with his Pedersen Grandparents
- His cousin Abby
- His Brown Grandparents
- Skyping with his Pedersen Grandparents
- His cousin Abby
- His Brown Grandparents
Here are some Fall/5 month pictures




The "Baby Momma's" from church and I went to the pumpkin patch to take pictures. Peter was not very fond of the idea, but I did manage to get some semi-cute pictures. I think maybe I'll try and get some more again, soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment