Baby Seale #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A life in the day of a Two year old



8:15 AM comes and I hear rustling over the baby monitor. By 8:30 AM the rustling turns to "Mama.....pause......Mama......Up." It took me a long time to teach you that I would much rather here "Mama...Up....." then screaming. On my birthday I went to wake you up, and instead of saying your normal "Mama..Up" you looked at me and said "Hey." Like you were telling me hi. Too funny.

After I get you up you run to the living room. Open the entertainment center, turn on the TV and sit yourself down on the couch. You like to eat your breakfast with a little "Veggie Tales." Your breakfast normally consists of cheerios and milk, although sometimes we change up the cereal to Kix or Chex.

After breakfast we get dressed for the day. If it's cool enough outside, I'll open up the windows on the back of the house, and let you play outside. You'll stay out there for an hour or so. You play in the sandbox, run in the grass, ride your car, or have a Pow Wow with the dogs. I stay inside and finish my quiet time and make a grocery list, or clean up the kitchen.

After you play outside we run errands. Today we went to the grocery store. You were on your best behavior. We start in the deli selection and get our lunch meat. You'll eat an entire piece before we get out of the produce section. Then you insist on stopping by the cookie sample container. Unfortunately it is usually empty. Every time we pass by a sample container you need to make sure it's empty. About halfway through the store you've finished all the food that has been given to you, and then you start helping me put things in the cart. If I get too close to the shelves you'll reach for an item to put in the cart yourself. Today you starting counting at the store. "One....Two." I tried to get you to add three, but I guess it's harder to say. We head for the checkout counter. As soon as the cashier is in sight you say, "sti - ger.....peace." The cashier hands you two stickers and you are happy as a clam. We head home.

When we get home sometimes you'll offer to carry in groceries, which is usually a light bag, carried by two hands. And sometimes it makes it all the way to the kitchen.

After I put the groceries away we'll get lunch out. And most of the time you'll have an opinion about wanting something that we just purchased at the store. Usually frawberries (strawberries). You've been eating peanut butter/jelly sandwiches lately. And I usually cut them with a cookie cutter in to some kind of shape.

After lunch we play and read books. Then between 12:30 and 1 you'll tell me "nigh nigh," and head towards your room, ready for bed. I'll change you, put you in bed, turn the fan on, and close the door. Usually there is not a peep from you until you've napped for a good 3 hours.

After nap you like to watch another 30 min Veggie Tales, while you eat your snack. And then it's off to playing again until Daddy gets home, while Mommy makes dinner. When Daddy comes home you run to the door to great him, and then quickly run back to whatever toy you were playing with.

We pray for the meal, followed by your cute "Amen." (usually pronounced A nen) After we eat we run errands with Daddy or just relax. Sometimes we'll go for a walk in the wagon, if it's cool enough. You take your bath, splashing up a storm and head off to bed for story, prayer and kisses.

Your Daddy and I then talk about the day and how much of a JOY you are. I can not believe how much of a blessing one little life can make. Your personality is starting to shape itself, and I am thankful for where it is going.

- You have a kind heart, always offering to share your toys and food with anyone who is nearby.

- You are soft spoken, most of the time, only complaining when something is really wrong.

- You play hard, and won't slow down until you are finally lying still in bed. You will also head back to the bedroom and ask to go to bed when you are tired.

- You are affectionate, and like to give out kisses and hugs (while patting you on the back). And you will still snuggle, which I LOVE!!!

- You are social, and like to hang out with your friends, and go to church.

You are such a blessing, I can't wait to see what next year brings.

No comments: