Baby Seale #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving and the start of Christmas

We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house this year. Grandma and Grandpa Brown were there, along with Aunt Janie and Uncle Ralph. We had a nice relaxing visit. We did it potluck style, so nobody was in charge of everything, and nobody was stuck in a kitchen all day. That is my kind of Thanksgiving. Uncle Tim was out of town and Aunt Banana was sick, so it was kind of small.
We also bought a table over the break. Our favorite furniture store went out of business. We've been looking for a table for about 3-4 years now, but found nothing. The good part about looking for a long time is that when you do find what you are looking for you don't have to put it on a credit card. So we were able to purchase our table for 65% off. Woo Hoo. Now we can fit our dinner guests on one table, and not the table + card table combo.

The bad part about the fact that we purchased it from a "Going out of Business Sale," is that they don't deliver, and you have to put it together yourself. And let me tell you, that table was HEAVY. Peter decided that he wanted to help put the table together. I'm not sure it was very helpful, but it was funny/cute.
The table matched the china hutch perfectly. We had to rearrange the kitchen to get it to fit, but it worked out.
We do have 6 chairs, we just hadn't finished putting them together yet. It's a little slow when a toddler is "Helping."
I am looking forward to sewing some table runners for it.
We also put our Christmas Tree up. We are doing the tree toddler style this year. Nothing fancy.
And Shatter-proof ornaments.
We're trying the one-finger rule. You can touch anything you want, but only with one finger. This prevents me from having to say "NO" all the time, and you can't pick it up if you are only allowed one-finger. I'm not sure if it will work, but so far, so good.

I also took up crocheting recently. My Mom is an amazing crocheter. (is that a word?) So I got the bright idea to start crocheting the Friday before a baby shower (which was on Saturday). And not just one baby shower, but two baby showers. And "I" was going to crochet a hat for both of them. Keep in mind, "I can't crochet." So I went to Michael's and picked out some yarn, and borrowed a crochet hook from my sister. Then I got on the internet and found a "youtube" video on how to crochet infant hats. You can find anything on the internet. Low and Behold I found one and got started.

I whipped out two hats in about 24 hours. I amazed myself. I didn't know that I had that in me. The pink hat was for a sweet girl from church. She and her husband took Peter's 6 month and 1 year pictures. They are having a girl after having two boys already.
The Cream hat is for our Wonderful friends the Watters. They lived with us for 7 months, and they are some of the best 7 months of memories in my life. We LOVE THEM! They have a little girl who is 13 days younger than Peter. They don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. They are due December 22. I can't wait to meet their wonderful addition.
I felt so crafty after making the first two hats that I thought that I would make one for Peter.
I LOVE IT.
Well that's all for now. Hope it wasn't too long of a post for you. Whew.

No comments: