Baby Seale #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

8 Months Old/Christmas

Peter is 8 months old now. Where has the time gone? We have done a lot of things in his 8th month.

We rode on a plane again. It went much smoother this time because Daddy was with us. Grandma and Grandpa Brown drove us to the airport in Houston on Friday. After we said our goodbyes we went though security and headed to the gate. Upon arrival at the gate we discovered that there was a two hour delay, our flight now left at 8pm not 6pm. So we gathered our things and headed to Einstein bagels in the airport and got some dinner. I had planned to feed Peter during our travels anyway so we sat him on the table, (we didn't have a high chair) and he ate half an avocado and a couple bites of banana.

We finally got on the plane and Peter slept the whole time. He's a good traveler. By the time we got to my parents house it was 11:30pm (which is 12:30pm our time). I fed him and he went straight to bed. After spending 4 days sleeping in the same room with Peter, I was glad that he slept in his own room at home.

Christmas with my parents was a lot of fun. We did Christmas on Saturday. Peter got five little balls that all do different things, he loves them, and I love them because they don't require batteries. He also got a lot of books. His Aunt Banana started his sock collection. (if you know his mommy this is a must, she has quite the collection herself.)
Here he is taking a bath in the sink in ArizonaPeter and Grandpa Pedersen (do you see his cute Christmas outfit that Daddy picked out, good job Daddy)Peter with Grandma PedersenAfter too short of a visit we headed back to College Station. The travels back on the plane were much easier, no delays. We did Christmas with Jon's side of the family on Christmas Eve. We went to church first, where Peter wore his santa outfit. Then we went back to their house for gifts. Peter got a cute outfit from Great Aunt Janie and Uncle Ralph, and some bongos from Grandma and Grandpa Brown. He loves those bongos.Here's the santa outfit again.

Christmas was spent with just the three of us. It was nice to start celebrating Christmas as a family of 3!!!

Here are some of the other things Peter is doing right now.

Food...
He eats butternut squash, green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, bananas, avocado, pears, apples and peaches. I have tried everything to get him to feed himself. Here's the order we tried. 1st was Bananas (which were too slimy). Then chunks of cooked apples (again too slimy). We tried green beans and peas, which were not slimy, he was just not interested. We tried avocado and still had no success. I would pick a piece of his food off of his tray and put it in his mouth, he knew it was edible. So he'd sit there with his mouth open, waiting for me to put another piece in. So I started picking up the pieces and putting them in my mouth. He still had no interest in feeding himself, just smashing it into his tray. Well on January 7th I put a pile of rice on his tray. And he got rice all over. After realizing it was on his hand, he put some in his mouth. Then he thought, "Mmm that's pretty good stuff." Hurray we finally have a "self-feeder!" Kind-of.

He has also started drinking out of a sippy cup, which he enjoys cold water. He also enjoys getting water from us at restaurants. He'll take it from our straw if we plug up the one side with our finger.

Crawling...
He is still not crawling, I guess because rolling gets him everywhere he wants to go. Although he did get a walking toy from his Godparents for Christmas. I'll stand him behind it and he lets go. He'll stand there for 10 seconds.

Sleeping...
He is finally sleeping from 8pm - 7:30 am without waking up. And he is still taking 2 naps. YEAH.

Books...
He loves to read books. I can sit with him on the couch and go through three books before he decides he's had enough.

Well that's about it for now, if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Melissa Malloff said...

It all sounds like so much fun! He is growing up so fast! I'm glad he is a good traveler and that your visit went well. I miss you guys!