Peter,
Hey little man, I can't believe you are half a year old already! It seems like it was just yesterday that your dad and I brought you home and camped out in our living room for two weeks. It was wonderful having your daddy home with us. I know he really enjoyed spending that time with us.
You should see your daddy. He is the best daddy ever! He pretty much changed all of your diapers for the entire summer. You light up every time you see him. And every time he talks you stare at him intently, as if you are studying how to be just like him when you grow up. I definitely wouldn't mind you being just like your daddy. He loves God, and our family sooo much. Oh and one of my favorite things is when he dresses you for bed every night. He'll change your diaper, and before he puts your pj's on he will kiss on you, and you laugh, A LOT! It is the cutest thing ever.
Here are some updates on things you are doing right now.
You are sitting up. I still put the boppy behind you in case you fall, but you are needing it less and less. I think you really enjoy the new possibilities of playing while sitting up.
You rolled over from your back to your front. When I put you on your tummy, you immediately flip over to your back. Your getting better every day.
We went to the park and sat in the swing. You and Ansley really enjoy the swings. Ansley and her mom Mallory go for walks with us often, which often end up at the park now.
You went on your first plane ride. You were great! Even with the delay on the way back. We surprised my grandparents in October when we showed up when my mom was visiting them. My grandparents just love you. They call you "Smiley Boy." The nickname fits, you smile all the time!
You like to play "Super Baby." I lift you over my head in a flying position, and you are all smiles.
One of the biggest things is that your first two teeth broke through on the bottom. Your tongue is down there constantly checking them out. I have started making your baby food. We have apples, peaches, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. I have given you half of a squash cube in a mesh feeder. You really like them! We started rice cereal this weekend. You LOVED IT! I'll have to post the video.
You also just started lifting your hands up when you want me to pick you up. As if you are saying, "Here I am, give me a hug." You definitely know your loved.
We love you "Little Man."
p.s. We are getting pictures done on Tuesday. So we'll post them later.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment