Baby Seale #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

We're Pregnant!


Ok. So we've been pregnant now for 3 1/2 months.....

And now I'm finally getting pictures up. Here is the announcement that we gave to Jon's mom, My parents, and my grandparents.

It was actually a puzzle that was sent to them in pieces. (by the way, my dad hates puzzles, but I think he liked this one)

Here is a picture of our first ultrasound. I am 7 weeks and 3 days. It doesn't look like much. That top round thing is not the head. The little "t" next to it is. And the "t" at the bottom is the behind. The doctor told me that this is the shrimp stage.

I'm not a big fan of pictures. But my mom wanted this one. Here is me at 13 weeks. (3 months and 1 week).


And here is the really cute onesie my mom and sister found for me "A YEAR AGO."

It says, "Sealed with a kiss."
This is actually posted December 9th. But I thought I would go back to before now to update you on the months I skipped.
I'm Late!
So originally I took a pregnancy test in July, I was late, so I decided to take one. The first test I took was the one with the line or the plus sign. (Let me recommend now that you use something a little more clear) I couldn't tell anything. Picture this, two twenty-something year olds staring at this test saying, "is it a plus, or is it a minus. "
So I went to the store and bought a digital test. Much... Much...Much Clearer. It said pregnant. How can you mess that up. You would think that after I saw the reading I would think, WOW we're pregnant. But I didn't. A week later I started. So I guess not. Oh well, it would have been great timing.
Now I'm Really late!!!
So August rolls around and again I am late again. I take another test, and again it says pregnant. (Digital of course) Jon and I looked at it and all we could say was, "hmmm." A week later I take another test, and again it says pregnant. Again it didn't feel real. 6 weeks rolls around and I'm still late, Really late. So I figure I guess it's about time to make a call to the OB. So I try to set up an appointment with an OB. I called one and the earliest she could get me in was 14 weeks. So I called another one. She said 12 weeks. Well that was earlier. I never play the Crohn's card, but I figure I might as well try. So I called the one I prefered and said, "I know you don't have any earlier appointments but I have Crohn's disease and it is active right now, which makes me a little worried about waiting 14 weeks." Before you know it I have an appointment at 7 weeks 3 days. ALRIGHT! Thank you Crohn's.
7th week 3 day appointment
It is our first appointment. It still doesn't feel real, and we haven't told anyone yet. So we go to the doctors. She does the exam and says "Yep you are about 8 weeks pregnant." Did it feel real? NO. Jon and I then walked down the hall to the ultra sound. (Did I mention that all I had on was a gown, and a sheet wrapped around my waist. And oh yeah there were 3 couples sitting in the hall waiting for their appointments) So I made some joke about this being the latest fashion. They laughed, whew. Jon is better at the jokes. We have the ultra sound done (which was not the jelly on the belly, which completely shocked me). Seeing that heart beat was the first time Jon and I thought, OK. WE'RE PREGNANT. We were sooooooooo excited. What a blessing!!!
So that is the update on how we found out.

1 comment:

Lisa Dalton said...

Hey Kris! (and Jon)
What wonderful news! And what a cute little shrimp you have! Hope you are feeling well! There is nothing in the world as awesome as the adventure you two are about to begin. I hope you enjoy the trek as much as I have!
Good luck! I know you have oodles of family and friends to help you out, but if you have any questions or need anything at all, don't hesitate to give us a holler! :)
XOXO, Lisa