There are so many amazing resources out there to teach toddlers it can be overwhelming. I decided to narrow it down to just a few projects to do. I was hoping that maybe some of my "friends with toddlers" may want to pool together and plan some learning experiences for our BUSY TODDLERS. Let me know if you are interested. The lesson should include one letter (I thought we could go in order), one color, and one shape. If you think anything else should be included let me know. I thought about counting maybe later down the road. I also thought about a bible verse, but later decided that maybe I would just use the verse that the preschool is working on at church.
I'll start. This weeks lesson will include
The letter "A"I'll start. This weeks lesson will include
- The Letter A
- The color RED
- And the Shape TRIANGLE
Our Letter Craft will be an Alligator. (courtesty of Totally Tots)
They also have more really neat things on 1+1+1=1. So if you think you are not creative, she lays it all out for you.
Like this cute little picture.
*And all her printables are free!!! Can we get a WOOO HOOOO!
Red
We'll all dress up in RED one day (if I can convince Jon. Ha). We'll collect all of our red toys and put them in our RED bucket. We'll do a Red collage (possibly on a cut-out capital "A") on Paper, consisting of pipe cleaners, pom poms, paint, and whatever else I can find.
Triangle
We will cut out a large RED TRIANGLE. We will sort out all of the triangles out of our foam shapes and stick them to the triangle. Then we can locate triangle things in the house, like our triangle blocks. Snacks for the week
- Red apples (for A)
- Red Strawberries (for RED)
- Red Watermelon cut in triangles (for TRIANGLE)
Supplies used
- Construction paper (Red, Green, and a little bit of white)
- Eyes - found at Hobby lobby for under a dollar when using a coupon (you can also just draw them, I just had them in the house)
- Red crayon, marker, or dot pen (found at hobby lobby and michaels, not sure on the price)
- Foam shapes (I also found them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby for about $7. Not required, but could be used in later activities. I saw them on sale at Michaels last week)
- printer (a couple printables - not required, just included for additional activities)
- Snacks (see above)
(I used)


No comments:
Post a Comment