When we went hunting for quail, which turned out to be just a hiking trip because we didn't shoot any quail. We did eat a snickers bars and some beef jerky for lunch.
Or playing softball, and my dad coaching our team. We had a pretty great team. And our summer umpiring jobs, where I would be homeplate umpire, and my dad would be the field umpire. I would make a call, and a parent would argue the call and look at my dad for confirmation. He would look at the parent and say, "You heard her."
Walking me down the isle on our wedding day. As soon as you started crying Mom and I both lost it.
My fondest memory though is when I talked to you on the phone, and told you that we were pregnant, and you told me through happy tears, "I'm so proud of you."
Jon - Happy 2nd Father's Day! Last time we celebrated father's day as a family Peter was just a month old. I had no idea how you would jump into fatherhood. Before you and I started dating you had not even held a baby before. I remember the first time you held our niece "Abby." I handed her to you, and you held her underneath her arms, facing out. By the time we had Peter you had only held 3 babies total. I think you were a little nervous, but you were great!
Fatherhood looks so good on you. I remember the first day Peter was born, you held him every chance you could. You'd stare at him forever.
Our first golfing experience with Peter in Arizona. We took Peter to a nine hole course called riverview. Peter and I rode in the cart and cheered you on. By the end of 9 holes, everyone knew we were the ones with the baby.
How proud you are to carry him around, everywhere we go.
And I love story time at night, when you read Peter his book, "Jesus is with Me." And he sits, contently in your lap, and helps you turn the pages.
You sitting Peter on top of the marimba, in front of all your students, with the disclaimer, "never sit things on top of the marimba." Ha. And handing Peter a pair of mallets....he went to town, hitting the marimba.
And most importantly, how you show us Christ's love daily.
Peter and I are so blessed to have you in our lives. If he grew up to be just like you I would be so proud.




1 comment:
Kris this is such a sentimental and sweet blog. Thanks for sharing all of the Daddy memories, both old and new. The photos are fantastic! Happy Father's Day Jon!
Post a Comment